UPDATED September 28, 2020
GL Travel Procedures
In partnership with our vendors, GL Travel continues to monitor the safety of travel destinations and COVID-19 related procedures. GL Travel continues to follow developments that might impact our itineraries and comply with ordinances issued by federal, state or local officials. GL Travel is committed to safely providing high-quality educational experiences for our trip participants.
In our travel partnership with each trip participant, we ask that you be mindful of any symptoms you experience prior to travel. If you are sick, please stay home. If someone from your group is diagnosed with COVID-19 while on tour, GL will provide services from care to quarantine.
- GL Travel has implemented additional training for our Tour Directors, Course Leaders, and other staff to encourage best hygiene practices.
- Participants will be required to wear face masks, practice social distancing and wash hands frequently. Masks are required at all times when touring with the exception of meals and in the participant’s hotel room.
- Our standard screening protocol requires twice daily temperature checks for all participants.
- We ask that trip participants bring their own PPE and GL Travel will provide additional PPE for each group.
- Itineraries may need to be adjusted based on capacity requirements and social distancing.
- Our partner businesses and venues have implemented enhanced cleaning protocols to decrease the spread of germs:
- Airlines – GL Travel books flights with major airline carriers that have increased sanitation protocols in place. GL Travel’s has always and will continue to be booking our groups on non-stop flights when available. We recommend you check the website of the airline your trip is flying with for the most up-to-date information.
- Meals – All group meals will either be pre-plated, delivered in individual boxes or GL Travel will only work with local restaurants that ensure the group is distanced from other patrons. Dining cohorts will be assigned based on room assignment and limited in number.
- Hotels – Hotels have streamlined their check-in policy that minimizes gathering in common areas. Participants may upgrade to double occupancy rooms for an additional fee.
- Bus – While touring, our group’s bus is cleaned and disinfected each day. Trip participants are asked not to share electronic devices and wear masks at all times. New procedures have been implemented for loading and unloading motorcoaches. Seating will be assigned according to room cohorts.
- Group leaders will have the latest information on all of these policies and guidelines.
COVID-19 symptoms while touring
- GL Travel works with a group of doctors on call which partners with physicians in Washington DC, Philadelphia and New York.
- In the event that a participant has symptoms concerning for COVID-19 while on tour, the following protocol would be administered followed:
- Connect with the family of the participant.
- Arrange for rapid testing and medical evaluation.
- Provide quarantine or, if necessary, hospitalization arrangements for the participant, in consultation with our doctors on call.
- Arrange travel for parent or guardian of participant.
- Coordinate group testing and arrange alternative itinerary.
Traveling policies in 2020 & 2021
COVID-19 for Groups and Individuals
- If you have purchased the “Full Coverage Program” insurance, you will receive the full refund available under those policies, minus the amount paid for the protection plan.
- If you have not purchased the program, and you or your group need to cancel, you will be refunded 80% of the total tour costs.
- GL travel hopes to provide flexibility for groups to safely travel in 2021. If a group leader decides to postpone a trip up to 45 days prior to departure, GL Travel will not charge a change fee. Although every effort will be made only the difference in the new trip cost. It is our hope that we can to accommodate the group at the original quoted price, participants may be responsible for the difference in the new trip cost.